Now-a-days, Tutu dresses are considered to be a fashion statement for girls. Parents love dressing up their daughters in lovely and frilly Tutu dresses. Even girls love donning these cute outfits. Tutus are basically skirts worn as Ballet outfits. These are layered skirts which sometimes are attached to a bodice with a waistband. Basically being a ballet costume, Tutu dresses are of various types.
- Romantic Tutu
- Pancake Tutu
- Bell Tutu
- Platter Tutu
- Powder Puff Tutu
If you’re kid is going to a ballet class, you need to choose the Tutu which suits her role the most. In today’s world, Tutu dresses are not just limited to the ballet classes anymore. Parents are making their daughters wear Tutus on various occasions. From birthdays to picnics, Tutus make a perfect outfit for almost every occasion.
If you’re keen on buying a Tutu Dress for your little lady but are confounded about how to stylize it according to the occasion, here is a small Tutu Style-Guide for you.
- Before buying a Tutu dress for any occasion, keep it in mind to find a perfect fit for your daughter. Loose-fitting Tutu skirts could turn out to be uncomfortable for your daughter. Also, these could make her look clumsy.
- Go for different colors for every occasion. You could pick everything from neon shades to pastel hues for your daughter, depending on the occasion.
- Frills, laces, tulle, ribbon and net are the common decorations that are used while making a Tutu.
- Make sure that the waistband isn't too tight for your daughter. It should be made out of a soft fabric so that it does not leave itchy marks on her waist.
- Washing and Storing a Tutu is a task that needs to done carefully. If the Tutu skirt is embellished or sequined, wrap it up in a soft fabric before storing it.
Follow this simple guide and make your daughter look eclectic in a perfect Tutu dress.