Now-a-days, dresses and gowns are considered to be the best party outfits for kid girls. With a multitude dressing options available, choosing the right kind of gown for an occasion can be a daunting task for the parents.
To help you dress up your daughter without going through a rigorous ‘gown-hunting’ process, we have devised a small list of tips. With these things in mind, you will be able to pick up a gorgeous gown for your daughter in just no time.
1. Which Color to Pick: Buying a gown of the color that suits your daughter the most is the first thing to do. For evening parties you can pick up bright gowns.
Red, Black, Hot Pink, Electric Blue, Purple, White and Pink are the most picked colors when it comes to evening gowns.
If you want an outfit for dressing up your daughter for a day-time party, it is suggested that you go for subtle colors like Baby Pink, White, Lilac, Lemon Yellow, Sea Green or Turquoise.
Make sure that the color you pick suits well on your daughter’s skin-tone.
2. Which Style to Choose: For kid girls, there are various styles of gown that can be bought. Some styles that are immensely popular are:
Tier or Ruffled Gowns
- Depending on the style, the silhouette and length of the gown also varies. Make sure that the style you pick for your daughter makes her feel comfortable. If your little lady finds it difficult to carry a floor-length gown, buy a slightly shorter one for her that falls just below the knees.
- Another thing that you should keep in mind is about the decorations that are used to stylize the gown. If you’re picking up a gown for your toddler, make sure you don’t buy the one which uses studs or stones as decorations. These might hurt your little daughter’s skin.
- Embellished, Printed, Floral and Lace Gowns are the most popular ones that parents pick for their daughters these days. If you want to buy a gown which serves both party and casual purposes, you must go for the one which uses materials like roses, tulle, bows, sequins and ribbons as decorations.
The best fabrics that are used to make gown are Chiffon, Crape, Velvet, Net, Satin and Georgette. These do complete justice to the style and flare of a gown.
4. How to Accessorize a Gown: A gown itself is an elaborate piece of outfit which usually does not require much of an accessory.
Go with minimal accessories. A good pair of sandals with a petite tiara or little earrings should be enough to complete the look.
If you’re going in with the Princess or Fairy Gown, a pair of matching silk gloves will do the trick.
Remember, the most important thing to select a stunning gown for your little daughter is to first look into her comfort. She will only look gorgeous if she will be able to carry it well. So, everything from the size to fabric of a gown should be chosen with utmost care. Gowns are believed to create memories in a girl’s life. You will only be able to give her a pleasant look if you follow a few things while shopping for her.