- Plan a unique picnic: Picnic is not just limited to outdoors. You can even have a living room picnic with your kids. Get your kids engaged in helping you prepare and plan the picnic loveables- juices, chips, sandwiches and fruits. Once you are done with these goodies, decorate them in a tray and spread the bed sheet on the floor to start off with your picnic.
- Dance the boredom away: Search out for a few songs of different genres and go on you-tube to learn the dance moves of these songs. This activity performs a dual task. First, it makes you and your child master some cool moves and at the same time, it becomes a cool workout too!
- Make a collage: Gather old photos and let your child select the photos he/she wants to add in the collage. Make a cool collage comprising of the photos of your child with friends, family and relatives.
- Design a family tree: The trend of joint families is vanishing these days. Many kids are unaware of their cousins, uncles and aunts. Here is where family tree will help in guiding them about their roots. All you need is a chart and different colors to draw the family tree. Help your kid in drawing a big and beautiful family tree with different markers used for various members of the family.
- Visit grandparents: It is vital that you take your child to visit his/her grandparents. Let them experience the warmth and love of the grandparents. This will be a great past time for them and along with it your child will also inculcate some good values from the grandparents.
- Cool Culinary: We all are well aware of the child’s love of cakes and cookies. Indulge in some cool culinary with your child and teach him/her to bake cupcakes and cookies. This will serve to be a blissful pastime for both you and your child. Begin off with baking the loved chocolate cake with your child and decorate with it with finger licking icing. Spread some old newspapers on the kitchen-table and let your child display his/her talent of cooking. After that sit down with your kid and experience the joy of eating together.
- Movie Time: Kids of today do not get to watch to movies of the good old times such as Honey I shrunk the kids, Marry Poppins, Sound of Music etc. Hire or buy some good quality DVDs and urge the family to watch the film together.
The list is not an exhaustive one. You can even implement some of your own ideas that will engage your child this summer and will let his/her time utilized in a fruitful manner.