(1) Bedroom color: The color of the baby’s bedroom should be of moderate and soft tone like baby pink, light blue and beige. Do not decorate the room of your baby with colors that are very impressive as the visual nerve of the baby is still in the preliminary period of development. So it is advisable to shun any stimulation. Another reason of not keeping the color of baby’s room too impressive and catchy is that these colors will always capture your baby’s attention and he/she may not sleep easily.
(2) Proper lighting: The bedroom of your baby should have comfortable and soft lighting. It is advisable to keep a lighting system that is adjustable so that you can adjust it during daytime. This will boost the mood of the baby. During night, keep the lighting weaker and soft so that the baby gets to know that it’s time to rest.
(3) Air ventilation: As the newborn is sensitive to the surroundings, so pay good attention to wind-flow and air ventilation. This will have a huge influence on the health of the baby. Be assured that the room of the baby has fresh-air ventilation and pleasant temperature. Do not put the playpen of the baby near window to avoid the strong wind affecting the health of the baby. Also, do not put the playpen under the AC.
(4) Baby bassinet and playpen: Safety is the foremost priority when we talk about baby bassinet and playpen. The playpen should be strong and sturdy so that it properly supports the baby. All the stands and racks of playpen should be packed with soft-protection pads so that the baby does not get hurt in case he hits himself on those stands and racks. Also pay attention to the manufacturing materials of these items and make sure that they are lead free and non toxic.
(5) Baby bedding: To keep a safe and clean bedding environment for the baby, you should keep in mind all the bedding items. It is advisable to clean bed sheets, quilt and the toys of the baby frequently. Studies have shown that if the parents can support a safe and comfortable environment for the baby then he/she is more likely to have good EQ and higher success in life.